Ceridian Dayforce API Directory
Ceridian Dayforce is an all-inclusive human capital management system that helps employers take care of all stages of an employee’s lifecycle, across HR, payroll, employee engagement, workforce management, services, etc. It is a cloud based system. Ceridian Dayforce enables businesses to unlock workforce intelligence, empower people, and manage compliance.
With the Ceridian Dayforce Connector, developers can get access to the REST API of Ceridian Dayforce HCM, to facilitate integrations across their preferred applications. With this REST API, organizations can store all information regarding their employees and retrieve it as and when the need arises.
Ceridian Dayforce API Authentication
Ceridian Dayforce API supports authentication in 2 ways. First, developers can limit and authorize access via token based authentication. In this mechanism, Ceridian Dayforce verifies the user’s identity to provide a unique access token for API access. Second, developers can leverage the basic auth connection for Ceridian Dayforce API authentication. Here, a username along with a password and API key is what users can use to facilitate API access and ensure reliable authentication. In addition, Ceridian Dayforce API comes with AES 256 encryption, to ensure that the connection’s password/ credentials are safe.
Ceridian Dayforce API Objects, Data Models & Endpoints
When working with Ceridian Dayforce API, you need to understand the data models, objects and endpoints. Here is a quick overview to get started:
This object represents a dependent of an employee, including child, spouse, partner, etc. It contains data fields like first/last name, relationship, date of birth, gender, if the dependent is a student
This object covers all details relating to an individual or candidate who has been employed by the organization. It contains information or data fields like employee number, first/last name, preferred name, work email, personal email, groups, phone number, home/ work location, employments, manager, team, gender, marital status, employment status, start date, termination date, etc.
This object represents a job position at any company. It contains data fields like employee, job title, pay rate, pay period, pay currency, effective date, employment type, pay frequency, etc.
A group is a subset in which an employee can be placed. Groups can be of multiple types, including teams, pay groups. At the same time, each employee can be a part of multiple groups. It contains data fields or information along the lines of name, type, etc.
This object represents the geographical area which can be associated with an employee. The location object contains data fields including name, street number, city, zip code, country, location type, state, etc.
Team as an object is a subgroup of a company like a department. Each employee is allocated to a particular team as a part of their employment.
This object comprehensively represents time off entries for all employees to get a complete picture of attendance in the organization. It contains details like employee, status, employee note, units, amount, request type, start time, end time, etc.
Time Off Balance
This object represents the current status or balance remaining as a part of an employee’s allocated time off. This includes data fields like employee, balance, policy type, among others.
Common Ceridian Dayforce API endpoints
With this endpoint, you can get access to information about the dependents, including their name, date of birth, relationship, etc.
This endpoint can be used to get any information needed about the employee, including employment, time off, time off balance, etc.
This endpoint helps get access to information about time off including start time, end time, request type, etc.
With this end point, users can get access to information about an employee’s work assignment focusing on location, zip code, country, among others.
This endpoint helps get access to information about the employment and payroll in general, including pay period, pay frequency, rate, etc.
Merge interacts with this API endpoint to...
With this endpoint, one can get information about a particular employee, including personal email, home location, ethnicity, employment status, etc.
This endpoint is used to gain access to information about an employee’s team and groups the employee is a part of.
With this endpoint, users get access to information about the time off balance and policy type for each employee.
Ceridian Dayforce API Use Cases
- Provides a unified view for all employees, giving all information regarding performance, payroll, time off and other details on one platform, preventing any toggling for users
- Facilitates in-depth and real time analytics for all HR data to help employers understand the health of their organization and make well-informed decisions in a timely manner. It provides a vast catalog of standard reports along with the option to customize reporting based on organizational needs
- Curates insights for business intelligence and helps organizations with flight risk assessment to prevent attrition, gauge personality types, easily access performance data and understand status for each employee
- Ensures self service for employees to empower them to get quick access to their pay details, benefits and all the other information they might need. It also allows employees to update personal information and other details on their own, following chat commands for smooth onboarding and updates
- Promotes role based access and security to uphold high levels of data privacy. This ensures that confidential data has very limited access and employees are only able to view data which is required and relevant to their role
- Helps with workforce management to make data-driven staffing decisions, utilizing flexible scheduling for better business outcomes, streamline absence management and overall optimize HR operations for greater efficiency and productivity
- Makes hire to retire employee lifecycle seamless with AI based screening and automated onboarding, personalized learning recommendations and succession planning, employee engagement interventions and much more
With ~6000+ customers, Ceridian Dayforce is a popular HRIS/ HCM provider for organizations, especially in the United States. Here is a list of the top customers that Ceridian Dayforce is servicing:
- CBS News, the news division of the American television and radio service CBS
- Gannett Co., Inc., an American mass media holding company
- Amphenol Corporation, a United States based Manufacturing organization
- Travis Perkins, a United Kingdom based Distribution organization
- The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc., a United States based Insurance organization
- Harley-Davidson, Inc., a United States based Manufacturing organization
- Marrakech Inc., a diverse nonprofit organization
Ceridian Dayforce API FAQs
- How to facilitate Ceridian Dayforce Integration with Active Directory? Answer
- What is the Ceridian Dayforce HRIS API location? Answer
- How to extract the URL to call the Authenticate API method with Dayforce API? Answer
- How to navigate Dayforce Reporting Custom Field SQL? Answer
- How to set up a token-based auth connection to Ceridian Dayforce? Answer
- How to set up a basic auth connection to Ceridian Dayforce? Answer
- How to set up the Ceridian Dayforce Environment? Answer
- What is a Ceridian Dayforce Connector Example? Answer
- How to configure Ceridian Dayforce REST Operations? Answer
- How to enable testing of the Ceridian Dayforce APIs against your own environment? Answer
- How to contribute to the Ceridian Dayforce Connector? Answer
How to integrate with Ceridian Dayforce API
To start your integration journey with Ceridian Dayforce API, you need to create an account on the Ceridian Dayforce Developer Network and the same can be accessed here. In addition, you can also check out this Ceridian Dayforce Connector Overview for a detailed snapshot.
Get started with Ceridian Dayforce API
Ceridian Dayforce HCM doesn’t provide its pricing publicly on its website. However, interested customers can fill in their details or get in touch with the sales team with this link to get an understanding of how much it would cost to get access to Ceridian Dayforce API. To make the integration process smooth with Ceridian Dayforce API or any other HRIS API, you can get started with Knit, one API for all your integrations. Sign up with Knit, and you can integrate with top HRIS API in a short span of time at a fraction of the cost.